Rampart is one of the many legends in Respawn’s Apex Legends. She’s fun, quippy and an overall interesting character, released during Season 06. She’s quite a fun character, and she’s completely different compared to all the other legends, except Wattson and maybe Caustic. But no matter. In this guide, we discuss Rampart!
Introduction And Lore
Rampart’s title in Apex Legends is the “Base of Fire”. She’s very much a defensive character, hence the “base”, but some of her abilities can be used for offensive purposes, like “fire”. Anyway, she’s a woman, formerly known as Ramya Parekh who made her name in dangerous parts of the Outlands, creating and modifying weaponry. She became so well known for this, that important Syndicate members started offering her jobs. One night, however, her shop was ambushed and was burned down, leaving her with nothing but an Apex card to join the Apex Games.
Tactical: Amped Cover
Rampart’s Tactical is Amped Cover. Inspired by the A-Wall from the Titanfall games, Amped Cover creates a defensive cover that blocks enemy fire and shots but amps teammate fire and shots. It’s a little bit overpowered, probably because you can create a small little base with these covers.
Passive: Modded Loader
Rampart’s Passive is Modded Loader. Modded Loader is a very passive ability, but it increases magazine capacity and decreases reload times when using LMGs and the Minigun. Now, what is this Minigun, you ask?
Ultimate: Emplaced Minigun “Shiela”
Rampart’s Ultimate is Emplaced Minigun “Shiela”. This places a minigun that Rampart dubs “Shiela”, which is a massive mounted turret that anyone can use. ANYONE. It has 360 health and boasts 150 ammo, 173 if you’re using Rampart. You can even pick it back up like the Amped Covers to basically form bases wherever you want.
Tips And Tricks
- Don’t be so cocky with your Amped Cover. Standing behind it without firing and doing so just for the sake of it is not a good idea. Crouching, even with an Amped Cover deployed, is extremely vital.
- Picking up Amped Covers and Shielas are good ideas, so you can basically have a mobile fortress with you most of the time. Because if you don’t, you’ll have to wait quite a bit to deploy another Amped Cover or another Shiela.
- This goes without saying, but using Shiela in front of the Amped Cover is a good idea, because your passive comes into use, as ammo is increased. You’ll also be protected whilst shredding enemies, so they cannot shoot you or your minigun immediately. The only real downside to this tip is that it’s kind of hard to see with the Amped Cover.
- Rampart pairs extremely well with Caustic and Wattson. They both have abilities that benefit “campers” and with a full squad of defensive legends, you can create the ultimate fort, complete with Amped Covers, electric gates and even Nox traps! The only real counterattack someone can use involves Crypto’s Ultimate ability, which disables enemy traps and shield.
- Amped Covers can be used like gates to block enemies from coming into your hideout, just like Wattson’s electric gates.